25 Varieties of Wildflower Seeds to be Distributed at Festival on Saturday, September 24
THE WOODLANDS, TX (September 16, 2016) – The Woodlands® Development Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Howard Hughes Corporation® (NYSE: HHC), will host The Woodlands Wildflower Festival, a free, popular community tradition on Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 10am – 2pm at Town Green Park in The Woodlands Town Center. The Woodlands Development Company is the host of The Woodlands Wildflower Festival. CHI St. Luke’s Health is the presenting sponsor. BrightView Landscaping Services is a participating sponsor while The Woodlands Township is the park sponsor.
Visitors at The Woodlands Wildflower Festival will enjoy environmental exhibits, community booths and nature-related items. Free giant inflatable rides, petting zoo, face painting, balloon art and music will also highlight the event. Lovable mascot of The Woodlands, Puffy Pine Cone®, along with mascot friends including Bridgeland Bill® from Bridgeland®, The Woodlands’ sister community being developed by The Howard Hughes Corporation, will make special guest appearances from 11am – 12 noon. Two food trucks – Cousins Maine Lobster and Papa John’s Pizza – will be available at the event. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
The official Wildflower Festival poster and recycled bag, selected from the annual Wildflower Festival contest, will be on sale at the booth of The Woodlands Lions Club. Proceeds from the sales benefit Lions Club charities. The Lions Club provides community and national services for youth and senior citizens including programs for the blind and visually impaired as well as programs for hearing and speech.
Residents will be able to collect 25 varieties of free wildflower seeds, distributed by local businesses in The Woodlands. The wildflower seed sponsors and the seeds they will distribute are:
- Baby Blue Eyes – Ray Larson Real Estate Group with RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
- Baby’s Breath – Kurk Homes – Custom Builders
- Black-Eyed Susan – The Becky Drake Team with RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
- California Poppy – The Hanson Team – Better Homes and Gardens Gary Greene
- Catchfly – Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Cornpoppy –The Brownstone Group with Keller Williams The Woodlands & Magnolia and Cherry Creek Mortgage
- Cornflower – Community Insurance Associates -Kenny Speight Agency
- Cosmos – Buckalew Chevrolet
- Crimson Clover – The Woodlands Dermatology Associates
- Drummond Phlox – Avanti Senior Living – Vision Park
- Dwarf Red Plains Coreopsis – CHI St. Luke’s Health
- Gloria (Pink) Cosmos – Boni’s Dance & Performing Arts Studio, Inc.
- Johnny Jump Up – Black Walnut Café
- Lemon Mint – The Woodlands Cleaners
- Mountain Garland – Ed Jones “Just Happy to be Here”
- Plains Coreopsis – Woodforest National Bank
- Rocket Larkspur – The Woodlands Township
- Scarlet Flax – BrightView Landscape Services
- Scarlet Sage – Great American Title Company
- Showy Primrose – Henry J. Daniels & Jason Stanfield
- Sweet Alyssum –Cadence Bank
- Tail Poppy Mallow – Harvard Risk Management
- Texas Bluebonnet – The Woodlands Development Company
- Toadflax – The Woodlands College Park Leo Club
- Yellow Cosmos – The Woodlands Lions Club
About The Woodlands®
The Woodlands is a 28,000-acre master planned community located 27 miles north of downtown Houston. Throughout its 42-year history, The Woodlands has led the way among master planned communities that practice environmental preservation. It is home to over 112,000 people, and more than 63,000 people work in the community. The Woodlands is one of the top-selling master planned communities in Texas and the nation. The Woodlands was named the 2015 “Master Planned Community of the Year” by the Greater Houston Builders Association. For more information, visit www.thewoodlands.com. For additional details, find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
About The Howard Hughes Corporation®
The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate throughout the U.S. Our properties include master planned communities, operating properties, development opportunities and other unique assets spanning 16 states from New York to Hawai‘i. The Howard Hughes Corporation is traded on the New York Stock Exchange as HHC with major offices in New York, Columbia, MD, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas and Honolulu. For additional information about HHC, visit www.howardhughes.com, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements made in this press release that are not historical facts, including statements accompanied by words such as “will,” “believe,” “expect,” “enables,” “realize”, “plan,” “intend,” “assume,” “transform” and other words of similar expression, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s expectations, estimates, assumptions, and projections as of the date of this release and are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in these statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially are set forth as risk factors in The Howard Hughes Corporation’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Quarterly and Annual Reports. The Howard Hughes Corporation cautions you not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this release. The Howard Hughes Corporation does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect future events, information or circumstances that arise after the date of this release.